Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 8: New Week, New Me

It's the start of anothe week and I am doing great! I lost 5lbs last week and i'm pushing for another 5 this week. I have actually started off better than I thought. I'm sticking to what I said I was going to do. My mission is still far off in reach, but I can at least see it.

I had a wonderful weekend. I had date night with my hubby, girls night out with my girls, and family dinner at mom and dad's on Sunday. Who could ask for a better weekend. On Saturday, my girls and I went to see "For Colored Girls". My hats off to Tyler Perry for this one. Every female ages 13 on up should see this movie. With every situation in the movie, women can either say that they have been through it or they know somone who has.

The movie made me realize that we all go through something. Just because people are laughing and talking with you doesn't mean that they are not in  storm at that moment. It's a case where you have to laugh to keep from crying.

I'm going into this week expecting a lot of myself. If I want to be a new me I have to do what it takes to get there. I love my natural self. I embrace my nappiness. There will trials and errors in this fight, but i'm willing to go through them to get to where I need to be. With God anything is possible!

Naturally determined

No comments:

Post a Comment