Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm BAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!

Hey everyone! That's right i'm back. I have been on a hiatis, for no particular reason. I've just been lazy. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things though.

Updates! My hair grew about 1-1 1/2 inches on my hair growth challenge for the month of November. It has grown some more. I'm now 3 inches in the back, 4 inches in the middle, and 6 inches in the front. That to me is some major progress. I haven't done anything special to my hair in a while, but now i've started using Goganics Head full of hair scalp conditioner. It is AWESOME! It makes my scalp tingle just right. I also found a new leave in. I can't think of what its called right now, but it is awesome too. I just did some mini twist on my hair last night which i hope to let stay in for the rest of the month. We will definitely see how that goes.

The best part about being natural right now is the company I keep. I have 6 friends who are all natural and we are the best support group for one another. I tell you, I absolutely love these ladies! The other night we all got together and shared tips and did each others hair in different natural styles. We call ourselves "Naturally Thankful" because we feel that being "Naturally Thankful" does not just mean that we are all thankful to have natural hair. It's all about being "Naturally Thankful" to God each day He allows us to see another day; each day that He blesses us; each day that he allows us to be a blessing to others. He continually shows us who He is and why He is; His word reminds us that we are all "fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalms 139:14; He made us look the way we look for a purpose and we are learning to love our natural selves. That is what being "Naturally Thankful" is all about.

I am commiting myself to post at least once a week if not twice. God has given me a voice that He feels needs to be heard. I am "Naturally Thankful".

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! Keep it up!! Love you so much sis!! God's mercy, grace, power, and compassion has taught us to be "Naturally Thankful."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day!

    A little survey around Alabama : are you interested in Young Earth Creationism?

    ReplyDelete